The mission of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish School is to promote and nurture excellence in Catholic education rooted in the Catholic faith and the Mercedarian spirituality within a culturally diverse community.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish School believes that the quality of life in our society becomes greatly improved when young men and women are educated to base their adult lives on the principles of the Roman Catholic Church and to be open to serve the Church, the country, and the community.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish School recognizes the unique position we have consistently held within the community of West Cleveland for over fifty years to develop the spiritual, moral, intellectual, social and physical growth of each student committed to our care.
As an educational and spiritual community, our intent is to enable our students, through rigorous and challenging curriculum and social activities, to reach their full potential as Christian individuals committed to service to the Universal Church in a continuously changing society.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish School believes that the Redeeming presence of Christ in the Eucharist is the center of our lives. Striving to live according to the example of Mary, our Mother of Mercy, we endeavor to be enlightened by our past, enriched by our present, and empowered by our future.
We, the faculty and staff of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish School, affirm that our mission is based on Gospel values. Acknowledging that,
- We believe that Catholic Education provides a core foundation for individuals to become disciples of Christ, building integrity, compassion, mercy, empathy, selflessness and forgiveness.
- We believe Catholic Education provides the basic structure in which one learns and discovers about oneself as made in the image and likeness of God.
- We believe Catholic Education deepens the child's understanding of the faith and instills a thirst for truth and holiness.
- We believe Catholic Education strengthens the morality of each student.
- We believe a quality Catholic Education integrates evolving technology with the traditions of our faith.
- We believe that every child is capable of developing respectfulness and self-confidence.
- We believe in academic excellence achieved through high standards and a structured environment.
- We believe that students, teachers and parents are integral and responsible members of the learning environment.
- We believe curriculum, instructional practice and assessment should incorporate a variety of activities to accommodate various learning styles.
- We believe a student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among students, staff and parents.
- We believe diversity can increase students' understanding and respect of different people and cultures.